Tuesday, May 13, 2008

best b-day yet!



Well as you can tell I am a little behind on my posts. A couple weeks ago I turned 23 and also ran my first half marathon. I jumped into training for the half a little late, but convinced myself that I had to do it because I have always wanted to run one, and thought that it would be a good birthday present to myself to run it on my b-day. Needless to say, it made up for an awesome 23rd b-day! My friends Christy, Chris and I all stayed in a hotel down by gateway, so that we didn't have to wake up at 4am. So the morning of the race we woke up at 5am sharp..(thanks Chris for being so prompt) and headed down to catch the train up to Utah University. I felt awesome up until mile 10, and then my left knee pretty much gave out on me. The last three miles I did sort of a run/limp. I probably looked pretty ridiculous, but I did not want to stop. It felt pretty dang good to cross that finish line but still 3 weeks later my knee kills, and I haven't ran since then:( Johnny had scheduled finals sat morning but Ashley and Ivy were there to cheer me on! After the race we all went to the yummiest breakfast at the pancake house!(ash send me the pics!!!) That night Johnny took me to the roof restaurant located at the top of the Joseph Smith Building. This was the first birthday that I didn't have my family to celebrate with, but I had just as much fun just being with my Johnny. I love it when its just the two of us! We decided that it is our new favorite restaurant. It is so peaceful, and the food was amazing! After dinner we went to see U2 in 3D! We had both been wanting to see this for a while, and it was seriously AMAZING! It seriously felt like you were really there! I would highly recommend it! And thanks to Ash for babysitting all weekend long!! Anyway thanks for all of the calls, texts, posts, and presents! Oh ya and I got an iphone!! I love I love I love!!!

8 comments:

Camille said...

I didn't know it was your birthday!!! Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had ton of fun. What a view from the restaurant!

Tam Tam said...

I also didn't know you just had a birthday! Happy belated birthday! How's Chicago? Chicago, right?

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh, Happy late Birthday Amy. The pictures of the temple are gorgeous! I'm glad you had fun. And congradulations for doing the marathon and finishing, even though your knee got hurt:( I hope it heels soon.

shell said...

Happy bday amy. you look stunning. and congrats on your marathon.

Chris and Christy said...

yay for excuses to eat at nice restaurants!! Are you having fun in Chicago?? We need to catch up!
Ash...I want those race pics too!!
christy.horne@yahoo.com :)

angela hardison said...

I love love my iphone too. Except the service sucks in my house.

Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy b day sorry i am such a slacker of a friend. hope it was a good one.

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

All the family got together for mother's day and we missed you and your cute family!

Hit Counter