Wednesday, January 14, 2009

people are wierd.

So a couple days ago, I decided that I wanted to sell my laptop. I just hate the fact that I can sit on my couch and have my computer on my lap. One of my new years resolution is to spend LESS time on my computer, so I figure If I get a desktop and put a realy uncomfortable chair in front of it, I wont want to be there for very long...at least I am hoping that will be the case. I think it will be good for me. Anyway, I put an ad up on ksl and craigslist to see if I would get any bites. Well an hour after I posted floods of emails started coming in. Seriously I have gotten about 25 emails, and about 5 calls in two days. I just had to share some of the emails that I have been getting from people.

Call I got last night from a foreign byu student:

me: hello?
byu: hi I am calling about your macbook for sell...
me: OK... would you like to come see it?
byu: yes, you meet me on BYU's campus, or could I come to house??
me: I can meet you on campus, what time do you want to meet??
byu: well....actually.... I trust you, ill tell you what, I just buy it!
me: wait, you dont want to see it first??
byu: no i just buy it! (but doesn't tell me when or where)
me: ok??? well why wouldnt you want to see it first??
byu: well, well I come at 12.
me: what? you want to come over at 12?? ( so confused!)
byu: at night!
me: what??? ( so are you sure you dont want to see it first??
byu: Yes! I AM DIZZY!
me: whaaattt??? You are dizzy??? ( me totally laughing!)
byu: Yes, I am dizzy. I call you at 12. Bye!
me: um, ok. bahahahah

What the??!! That was the most confusing/wierd call I have ever recieved. He tells me that he doesnt need to see it, bc he is DIZZY!

That was probably the wierdest...but look at some of the emails that I got!

1. are you willing to trade for anything and if so what??

Um ya... I'll tell you that... I will trade my macbook if you give me your brand new imac ( as I stated in the ad that i am selling to upgrade to the imac)! What a retarded question....

2. Hey...I saw your macbook. It's almost identical to mine. I originally bought my macbook to use when I was out of town. I wind up buying a nice 24" Dell display and plugging my keyboard and monitor in when I am home, which is most of the time. When I leave home, I just unplug the monitor and keyboard and take it along. My next computer will be another macbook.

Um why is the lady telling me her macbook's life story. The funny thing is she has no intentions of buying my macbook. what the!?

Some people.....

Anyway, I actually have a couple people that are coming to look at it today and both say that they will prob buy it. Ahhhh I hope I dont regret this. What is the best way to clear out your whole computer!? Is there some program that will copy your whole hard drive?? I have got this thing jammed pack! I have better get to work!!

8 comments:

Kacie and Cody said...

Hey Girl!
I haven't talked to you in so long! I lost my cell phone a while back and I lost your number. You need to call me soon so we can catch up! I miss you. I always read your blog though so I feel like I still know something about you :) haha
Oh and are you guys going to sell security again this summer?

Kippy said...

Aim, I am just going to give you my two cents: I think you are making a mistake. You can still limit your time with a little self discipline. That I KNOW you have. I know you and I know you will HATE not having your laptop's flixibility when you DO need it. Funny stories. People are so weird.

Cheltsie Spils said...

First of all, your little beauty is so dang cute it kills me Amy! Me and Megan bought our girlies that black Janie dress too! Seeing her wearing it makes me sooo excited to use it. About your computer dilemma, everyone I know that has Macs desktop loooves it. But I know if your a summer sales wife again this summer, packing a desktop would not be easy. I say keep the laptop for convenient use and get a desktop later.

The Thueson's said...

I love your comment.."If I put a really uncomfortable chair in front of it..." hahahah!! Yeah right.. that WON'T WORK!! Thats awesome! I could never not have a laptop though. What about all those road trips that you take?? You will go NUTS!

Ashley said...

sister... first of all that poor foreign student was trying to say, "I'm BUSY!!" not, "I'm Dizzy!!" :) Its kind of like playing that Mad gab game... and lets be honest here. You need to sell that lap top. Your on it 24/7! Maybe i'll sell mine with you? love you!

Anderson Adventures said...

Those are some crazy replys you got back. I sold my laptop a couple of months ago and I never could get all my info off so hopefully I won't regret that later. We need to get together. Lydia is throwing me a shower tomorrow and I wasn't sure if you got your invite but it is Sat. at two. If I don't see ya tomorrow than we for sure need to hang out some other time so give me a call when you can.

Darby Family said...

Hello John and Wife! I came across your blog on Stephanie Gonzales's blog. Amy those must be your pictures you have taken through out the blog. Amazing! Great photography. I'm glad I'll get to see how you guys are doing via blog. Hope you are all well!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is the funniest thing ever. "I don't want to look at it. I want to look at it. I am dizzy. Let me buy!" hahaha!

Hit Counter