Sunday, July 27, 2008

chi-town!




johnny totally sick from our little swing ride we HAD to go on!

johnny with his new friend:) *see story below




This past weekend we stayed downtown with my mom and Ammon. Johnny was able to join us friday and sat night and all day Sunday. We went to navy pier,rode the ferris wheel, got sick on the swing ride, went to the shed aquarium, and ate at Gino's TWICE, shopped our little hearts out. Man I love this city! It is going to be hard to leave... although I have heard that the winters here are ridiculous...so that makes me feel better:) Thanks woofy for taking taking pics for us:)

Remeber the little police scanner I got Johnny for his b-day?? Well... johnny had me carry his scanner in my purse as we walked around Chicago, bc there are crazy things that go on in the south suburbs that he likes to tune into. Anyway, we were sitting ouside the aquarium, and Johnny was chillin on the bench listening to his scanner, when all of the sudden, he hops up and yells "ROB, ROB" there was a burglery that just happened in the aquarium! They are looking for a hispanic lady wearing a yellow shirt! So he and Johnny got pretty excited and started running around the grounds outside ready to do a citizens arrest. It was too funny! They didnt end up catching her, but as we got onto our water taxi to head back to Michicgan Ave, there was a hispanic lady wearing yellow...what do you know! Johnny was SURE that she was the one that they were looking for, but was too afraid to do anything. The things that excites him...I swear!

7 comments:

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

CUTE Pictures! So I think my mom and lex are staying with me part of the time and then some at dave and connie's. I don't really know, but the nights they won't be there you can stay for sure! I can't wait to see you guys!

The Holt Family said...

That has to be one of the funniest stories I've ever heard! You guys are such a cute family!

Kippy said...

Oh Aim, those pictures are SO cute. That first one of you 3--I love. And even that one of you inspecting Johnny's eyebrows. I wish I could be in Chi-town with you The police scanner story cracked me up.

Ashley said...

love love love the first picture. ivy's face is priceless. i love how her little hand is on johnny's cheek! keep em coming!

Chelsey Howard said...

That is too funny:) That's awesome that you got to spend time with your mom and that Melanie is there too:) It looks like a fun city to live in, with tons to do:)

Anderson Adventures said...

Amy thats too funny. It looks like chicago is a beautiful place. It is one of jons favorite cities. Someone told me youguys were doing extended too. If you are, I was wondering where your headed.

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

That is SO funny! I totally want a police scanner now!!!!!
I heard you are coming to Bryan's wedding, and SO AM I!! So Chloe can meet her second cousin :)

Hit Counter