Monday, March 31, 2008

to grandma's house ivy goes...





Last week my family came up to Utah for their spring break. We stayed up in park city for most of the week. We went snowboarding, shopping and ate at some fun places on main. My dads friend let us stay in a house that he had just built to sell. It was ridiculously nice....we were spoiled! A couple days before they left, my mom mentioned that Ivy should drive home with them because Ashley was going with them and then flying back 4 days later. After convincing Johnny of all the things that we could do and get done while she was away, he finally agreed to let her go. When Friday morning came around, I went and picked her up out of her crib, and she was seriously being so cute, and saying the cutest things, cuddling...and all of the sudden I just didn't think that i could let her go home with them. Well we ended up letting her go because I didn't want to disappoint my family who was so excited to take her, and Nate and Kippy who were waiting for her in AZ. As soon as we said goodbye, johnny and I walked back inside, and we were totally sad. But to say the least Johnny and I had a lot of fun while she was gone. We went out to late night movies, slept in, I went on a ten mile run with Chris and Christy, we went to the spoken word on Sunday, and pretty much did everything that we cant do with her:) My mom said that Ivy was a complete angel on the Trip, apparently she didn't cry or whine once! Johnny and I couldn't believe it! Ivy had a lot of fun in AZ too, she played outside all day everyday because she cant do that here. I picked her up from the airport on Tuesday, and she was SO excited to see me. She gave me the cutest, biggest smile, and started clapping her hands! I was glad to see that she missed me:)

9 comments:

Tam Tam said...

Wow that's so brave of you! Although that does sound nice to be relatively responsibility free for a couple of days!

Camille said...

Hey, I like your hair!!! Okay, and you have become a running machine-10 miles?! That's kinda crazy. Especially with Utah weather. Good for you!

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

I don't think I can keep up with you aim! Running 10 miles? In the summer i'll be saying its too hot and you won't be here to encourage me on!!

Emily said...

Good for you guys! I am jealous of all of your running. Someday! Your hair looks way cute darker!

Kippy said...

send her (well you too) down again with ash please :)!! she surely brightens our day. looks like you had some fun too. oh, and i LOVED twinkle twinkle! I saved it. Thanks!!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

That is crazy! I can't imagine sending Chloe away! I would cry. It must have been so hard for you!!! Sounds like she had a ball though.
"Time off" sounds nice too. It would be nice to feel 'single' again with Zach!!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

"Single" is what Zach and I call ourselves 'before' we had a baby. (just because we are more plural now) I guess that needed further explination.
Also, I sent you a package yesterday (finally). Sorry it took soo long.
KIPPY, if you are reading this, can I have permission to access your blog? I want to see you and Nate, but it never lets me!!
christenfunk@gmail.com
Thanks,
Christen

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh of course she missed you, your her mommy! That's fun that you guys got some alone time (oh la la).

John and Melanie said...

I am so proud of you Amy! That is amazing. I don't know what I would do with myself. Could I do that? WOW wouldn't it be nice!? Sleeping in, late night movies, no sitter for the spoken word. THat is so awesome.

Hit Counter