Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ashies


Yesterday Johnny and I were just hangin out when Ivy came and grabbed both of our hands and led us to her room. So we sit down with her and start to play with her and all of her toys. All of the sudden she starts spinning in circles saying "ashie, ashie, ashie, ashie....." she probably said it about 20 times or more, so I say to Johnny, oh she loves to say "Ashley's" name....then all of the sudden she falls to the ground and says "down"!!! Right when she dropped johnny was like "oh my gosh! she is doing "ring around the rosies." We were both freaking out! We had never taught her this, so we are figuring that she learned it in nursury. This last Sunday was her first time going to nursery where she actually stayed. I guess she picks up on things pretty quick....it was just so funny that she randomly busts it out! So then she grabs our hands to do it with her. We ended up doing it with her about 15 times. It was so funny! I cannot believe how big she is getting....well she is still a little bean pole, but she is totally getting tall! I think that she has Johnny's sisters genes...they are all really tall!

7 comments:

Tristen said...

That's a GREAT story! Isn't it amazing what they pick up? It's just amazing to me how all of the sudden we as parents realize what they are saying/doing/imitating and it surprises us every time! Kids are so fun! Thanks for sharing that cute story.

Melanie said...

oh that's so cute! I love the picture of her too!

Chris and Christy said...

hahaha, Ames, that is sooo freakin adorable!!

AmyLyn said...

Amy, I love reading your blog. I want to have a birthday so you'll say nice things about me! You're so sweet. And I can't get enough of Ivy. She's the kind of can't-take-my-eyes-off of beautiful. Anyway, Sabrina and Ella are 23 months apart, to answer your question. When they are that close it's easier for them to be close buds, but it's harder for the mommy to remain sane! Just joking. It's not too bad. I wanted to have them close in age, AND I have always wanted to have the third one a little later. (I have thought ALOT about this...if you want more info on my philosophies, email me!) They LOVE to play together though! It's so fun to watch them make each other laugh--I just can't wait until Sabrina can walk so they can run around together.

Kippy said...

I cannot wait to play ashies with her :)

Tam Tam said...

That is so cute! I love it when they do random stuff like that!

angela hardison said...

I learned the real meaning of "Ring Around the Rosies", and it's just never been quite the same happy song since...

Regardless, Ivy is adorable & it is so cute when kids pick up on little things!

Hit Counter