Thursday, December 6, 2007

7 random things about me:)

Tagged by Camille, here it goes...

7 random things about me

1. My junior year in H.S I got a letter in the mail from wells fargo. It went something like this. " We just wanted to inform you that your recent deposit of $1,300,055 was off by $40.00 the deposit was actually for 1,300,015. Oh thanks wells fargo for informing me of my mistake. Ha! So my sis-in law kippy was at my house when I opened it... I read it and then took it over for her to read. As she read it her jaw DROPPED! She said "Amy are you freakin kidding me!!!! We both did not know what to do, but we were dying laughing!!! We then headed out the door to the nearest wells fargo, and tried to withdraw the money through the drive up atm....my account just so happened to be frozen! I am sure they had a pretty angry customer, and somehow traced the money to my account. It happened right after 9/11 so I was convinced that it wasn't an accident. Then my friend Melanie and I had too much fun with the letter. We would take it to branch after branch showing a teller the letter and then claiming that when the 40 bucks was taken out...they must have taken the 1.3 million with it. The looks that we got when we showed them the letter was hilarious!! Oh good times!!!

2. About 4 out of the 7 kids in my family are germ FREAKS. Out of the 4 I was voted president of the germ club.
I am not exactly sure when I became this way, but my dad picked up on while we were in England my sophomore year in hs. I am not sure if it was when I refused to touch the subway poles, put napkins over my seat at McDonald's, or when I was somehow ALWAYS the last person in line to go through the door so that I didn't have to open it. So, to this day, I am still a freak.

3. I am obsessed with cookies, cotton candy, and pickles. I cannot get enough of them! My sophomore year in H.S I had braces and the orthodontics place that I went to was right across the street from my H.S. I absolutely loved going to my ortho appointments. Why? Because they always had a fresh platter of cookies when you walked in. After I got my braces off, I would drop by the orth office and tell them that I needed my retainer tightened.....and grab a quick cookie. Then I drop by and say "um can you tell me when my appointment is"....and grab a cookie. I would seriously do this at least once a week. Anything for a cookie right?? Everyone in my family is obsessed with dill pickles. We also love the juice, and fight over it. As soon as the pickles were all gone, we have to evenly distribute the juice into cups. Cotton candy has always done it for me. I only go to the fair, carnivals etc... for the cotton candy! If I am driving and see a random carnival in a parking lot...you better believe that I am pulling over. LOVE IT!

4. I am obsessed with Kate Hudson. I wish I was her.

5. I hate listening to people eat crunchy cereal. It just puts me in a bad mood! Ahh!

6. I HATE scrapbooking! I am the type of person where if I cannot make it perfect, than I would rather not do it at all. I would much rather buy a cute album or photo book to put my pictures in.

7. My fav is the mexican snack called "lucas ( a lemon lime salt)."My whole family was obsessed with it. We use to put it on our pickes, ice blowpops, and much more! I was so additced to it, I always had to have a bottle in my backpack at school. Everyone thought I was discusting...but it is seriously divine! It was truly an obsession, until my family and I could no longer find it anywhere....we later found out that they stopped making it because it has LEAD in it! Wonderful!! I blame my craziness on LUCAS!!!

8. I love to prank call! I am pretty sure that I have pulled some of the greatest pranks EVER! ha!

I tag Melanie, Christy, Emily, Shana, and Natalie, Carli, and Christie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy- I loved this post! I think I could have written it myself about you, well except the part about the crunchy cereal, I didn't know that. I love all these quirky things about you. And yes there are some weird things that are definitely in the Duffin genes (way to high of a percentage of the seven to just be coincidental): lucas, pickles, germ freaks, pranks, will do anything for something free! The only other random things I may have added would be 1)you laugh at serious and sad things 2)when you are pregnant you pee your pants regularly 3) you always have water bottle with you and you love crushed ice! Love you! Kip

Chris and Christy said...

Thanks a lot Ames! I've seriously dreaded doing one of these but I'll try this time! I just don't think I have 7 random things about me...hmmmmm...thinking....I can maybe think of 1! Yours were great! Oh man..lucas and lollypops!

The Elders said...

Hahaha oh my gosh Amy. It's Laura. I was looking at blogs and found yours and I am dying laughing right now. You and germs. Haha I remember at the movies you sneaking through the door right after someone before it closed, just to get in the bathroom. HAHA. You are too funny!

Weedpatch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OKay yes, I am bored and I'm browsing through your blog:) OKay- first, I too hate when people eat crunchy cereal. soo annoying! and also LUCAS!!! I totally forgot about that stuff but I too would eat it all the time and I too would put it on pickles!!! LOL!!!! I am laughing so hard!!!!

Hit Counter