Thursday, July 16, 2009

the 4th... DC style

We love the 4th of July! We figured that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the 4th in DC in front of all the monuments. My friend Anna and I loaded up our backpacks with food, grabbed our blankets and headed for the metro that took us right to the national mall. We got there around 4:30 and found a great little spot to camp out for the rest of the day.It worked out perfect bc the boys got there right before the fireworks went off. it was the.most.amazing.show. i have ever seen! if you ever get a chance to go there on the 4th, I would highly recommend it! on another note.. I really need to learn how to take good firework pics, or maybe just learn how to shoot in the dark. That would be nice.





10 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

Your family is adorable! glad you guys are enjoying your time in dc. live it up!

{Layla} said...

Oh my goodness that brings back memories! I used to live in DC and the 4th in DC is AWESOME! I loved the parades and all the music and fun things going on at the national mall. Ohhh and I LOVED the firework show over the washington monument--so beautiful and powerful! I think the 4th in DC is one of my all-time favs! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Oh and Ivy looks so stinkin adorable in her little dress! What a cutie!

Jamie said...

Love the Janie and Jack dress on Ivy. She is ADORABLE!!!

Kurt and Carli said...

Those pics are adorable Ame! Miss you tons!

Kippy said...

i think your firework pic is pretty awesome. i miss that missy. and you.

Reimstar said...

Amen! Seriously best fireworks we have ever seen! We really missed DC this year! Ivy is adorable~how's your other baby?!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you went to D.C. for the 4th! They are amazing! Nothing will ever compare... I got to go with my dance group many years ago!

Ashley said...

missy looks gorgeous!! and so do you :) I'm loving her big red ribbon and dress!

Tara Thueson said...

IVY IS SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!!!

missy said...

i love that dress on ivy-is that Janie and Jack???

Hit Counter