Thursday, March 19, 2009

weirdest day of my life...

So last Saturday was prob the scariest/weirdest day of my life. About an hour after I woke up, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes, and getting ivy some breakfast, when all of the sudden my vision went super blurry. It got really bad within seconds, so I decided to go lay down on the couch and close my eyes, to see if it would go away. After about a minute of laying there, Ivy asked me to get her out of her highchair... I opened my mouth to try and tell her that I would get her out in a minute, because I totally couldn't see, and 100% gibberish came out of my mouth. It totally freaked me out, so I open my mouth to try and say the same thing, and the exact same gibberish came out. I continued to try and speak, but my brain and my mouth were totally disconnected, it was so so scary. After I realized that I was in trouble, I can see my phone enough press send to call my last call which was my dad, I tried to tell him what was happening, but of course he couldn't understand anything I was saying. I then began to scream, I had no idea what was happening to me, and part of my body began to go numb. I then start having a major panic attack. Within seconds he knew that I was in major trouble and calls 911 for me from az, and sends them to my house. Oh and johnny also happens to be out of town on this day! As soon as the paramedics got to my house, I pretty much checked out from there and didn't remember much until I became alert in the hospital. So while in the hospital they ran some tests to see if they could figure out what had happened, but no such luck. The explanation they gave me was it happened as a result of a BLADDER INFECTION! UM RIGHT. I did not just go from honestly feeling like I was going to die to being told that this happened as a result of a bladder infection. What a joke. First of all, I did not feel like I had the slightest bit of an infection. So as soon as the er finds that I tested positive for a uti, they stop their efforts there and they discharge me later that day. By that time my mom had flown in, and johnny had finally made it home. So the next day I go to my family doctor, and he about die's when I tell him the whole story, and what the ER told me. He told me that there is absolutely no relation between bladder infections, and what happened to me. I knew it. He then tells me that this could have been a little stroke, or some red flags for something more serious. I am now undergoing a lot of tests to see if they can find anything that would have caused this to happen. I am just so grateful that I feel almost completely normal, and that it didn't turn out worse than it did. I also have to give a big thanks to all of my family and cousins who rushed to my side, and took care of ivy and I. I Love you guys!

So the day after all of this happened, Johnny gets really sick, like I have NEVER seen him so sick since we have been married, well turns out he has mono. I wonder where he got that from! I feel so bad for him bc he is so busy right now, and doesn't really have time to be sick. My mom has been taking care of us both for the past couple of days, but now she is gone and our little family is a serious mess over here. Lets just hope we are all good to go in 3 weeks when we make the move to Baltimore:) We have some serious work to do... WHAAA WHAAA

27 comments:

Adell said...

Amy! that is so scary. I hope they figure out what is going on...and that you get better soon.

Tam Tam said...

AMY! That is SCARY! I am so glad you are okay. I should keep my phone closer to me just in case! I'm going to freak out now! Well thanks for sharing your story...seriously. It's scary that something like that can happen to us who are so young...and I'd imagine healthy as well! Hope it's nothing serious and that Johnny gets better as well.

The Thueson's said...

Oh my gosh Amy!! That is crazy!! and sooo scary! I bet your dad was freaking out. I know as a parent not knowing what was going on and being a state away... eeek! Well, I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope that doesn't happen again :(

AmyLyn said...

That's crazy, Amy! I'm so sorry. It's especially weird that you could hear yourself say something you didn't understand, and you were aware that something was off...wow. I bet that phone call to your dad was crazy! He must have been so worried. Hope y'all get better soon!

{Layla} said...

omg Amy!!! Poor gal! I was just reading this post with my jaw hanging to the floor! That is SO scary. I can't believe that. It is HORRIBLE to have weird things happen to your body and the doctors not be able to figure it out! I keep having mini heart attacks where I can't breathe and my chest is pounding and after testing they attributed it to inflamed cartilage and that it would go away in a week--well it has been months and I keep having these heart attacks on and off. It is ridiculous that they can do test after test and not get any results. It is the worst feeling. So I understand what you are going through and I am really sorry girl! Oh and I got mono 5 years ago and then again a few months back right after the cruise--it totally wipes you out. I feel sorry for Johnny--all you can do is sleep and sleep and sleep if you try to do normal activities it just gets worse and worse!! =( You two are going through such a mess right now--boo! Let me know if you need any help with Ivy or food or just company! I'll help ya out in any way possible!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Wow Amy! I am so sorry! I can't imagine...how scary! Please let me know if there is anything I can do or you guys!

Brittany said...

AMY! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. That is really scary and I hope they find out what happened. That's so stupid that the ER did that. Aren't they supposed to be the besT?? I hope everything checks out ok. Let me know if you need anything. I'm right around the corner... Hope Johnny get's feeling better soon, too. I've had mono and it got way bad for me because I didn't rest. I just kept going with my crazy schedule. I hope he finds time to take breaks from what he's doing! Keep us posted.

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

You gave everyone quite a scare! But i am glad you know how to say "scratch my chin" now instead of... "chin my knee" and I still can't believe you had me and Ashley laughing (and crying) while going through this ordeal! I am glad you are better!

The Clarks said...

oh nat.... i had totally forgotten about the crazy things that were being spit out of my mouth. How about when I told the doctor that i was "depressed" over and over when I really meant that i was "dehydrated." The things bladder infections do to ya, I swear.

Chris and Christy said...

Ames I still can't believe all of that. So Scary. So Weird. Keep us updated on what the Docs find out. And I can't believe you move to Baltimore SO soon. Is really already that time of year again. Crazy.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

amy i am so glad you are ok. i read zach this whole entry over the phone while he was out of town because i could not believe it! scary!

oh and to answer your question...I am actually not bringing andrew to moab this year.

see you soon!

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

oh my gosh honey. I have a lump in my throat after reading that. The minute I started reading it I was saying out loud, "she's having a stroke!" They run in my family, i've never had one but I know how they work. I'm so sorry darling. I hope you are ok and johnny too. keep me updated. i'll be praying for you :)

Tiffany Haynes said...

OH Amy, I'm so worried for you. Talk about the scariest experience ever. I hope you guys get better. I'll keep you in my prayers.

P.S. I'm so jealous you guys are moving to Baltimore.

Anonymous said...

It was great to catch up today. Ohh, such fond memories at PVCC. I miss you all. Im glad your feeling better. Can i get your email adress. Im having trouble finding you on FB.
-Holly

Unknown said...

I just read this! Woah! how are things now? That is sooo scary? I hope you're alright. and mono sucks. I had it once, and it took me a month to get over... and all I could keep down were tuna fish sandwiches... so weird. keep me updated!

Hess Fam said...

Oh my goodness Amy! That really is so scary. I'm glad you are on the mend and hope it was only a little scare and not leading to something more serious.

Chelsea said...

Hey Amy,
You may have already figured the bandwidth stuff out but yes, we did upgrade to pro. We found out that bandwidth doesn't mean how many pictures you store, but how many hits you get. So, if you have 12 pictures on your blog and one person comes, thats 12 hits. You are only allocated a certain number of hits per "month."
The first time this happened to us we only had one day until our monthly renewal date, but then it happened again 3 days later, so we just paid for the upgrade.

I hope that helps and I hope you are feeling better, that was a crazy story!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is so crazy! i hope everything is ok! I'll be praying for you!!

missy said...

amy-i can't believe you still agree to do the Moab thing...now seriously girl??!!! I am sorry I didn't call you today! REally hope things get figured out..thats crazy!

angela hardison said...

Amy, so scary... hope you're okay. I would totally freak out in that situation.

The Turks said...

Hey dudes... this is Parker. My mom told me that story just yesterday on the phone. Apparently the news can still travel through the 60th ward chain pretty quick. Anyway, me and Hali feel bad that we don't even know where you guys live so that we can bring you some treats or maybe watch Ivy sometime. Let us know if we can help out in anyway. We're still in Provo so don't hesitate to give us a call. Hope you guys feel better.

--The Turks

Ashley said...

wow sister! look at how many people love you??!

Unknown said...

hey, I want to talk to you about licensing... email me

kelleyairapetov at hotmail

have you done anything yet? Let me know, I'm going to be working on it and I just don't want to re-due anything that's already done. thanks and how are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Amy! I hope they figure out what caused that to happen. Feel better. I'm sending "get well" thoughts you family's way!

{Layla} said...

Miss Amy. How are you cute gal? I never got an invite to the new platinum wives blog - please invite me! (lks0914 (at) gmail (dot) com). Thanks!

Kippy said...

new post pretty please.

Melanie said...

hold up, just saw the pictures you took for Tara and Kevin...are you kidding!! So cute...I LOVED the ones of Parker! Can I hire you to take our fam. pic next time you are down...that way you will have to see me before you sneak back to Utah! :)

Hit Counter