Wednesday, March 11, 2009

good+bad news!

I'll start with the good news...

We Just found out where we are living in Baltimore and i am so excitied I can hardly breathe! why? Because our apartments happen to be right across the street from a really fun mall and it just so happns that they have a nordstrom cafe. sigh:) and best of all we will have a TRADER JOE'S (one of my obsessions) right across the street! 2 years ago when we lived in Milwaukee, we lived directly above a mall, and had a trader joes in our parking lot. It was amazing... well until my neighbor commited suicide in his apartment, and I swear the smell seeped out into our apartment. Not really...but I sure did play mind games with myself over it... it was awful. The summers are always adventurous, but sometimes they can be long..so having entertainment at the tip of our fingertips this year will be awesome.

Speaking of Milwaukee summer, I just remembered another funny story....Since I wasn't the best blogger two years ago, I wanted to write about it, bc I am already finding that I love to go back and read our blog from 2 years ago.


Before I ramble here is the bad news: MY PHONE= almost completely worthless:( Not sure what happened but I can no longer send/recieve text messages ( I haven't been ignoring you!.) So... if need to reach me, you will now have to use your social skills and call! I also cannot see any missed calls, so a voicemail would be awesome. Hopefully I will get a new phone or get mine fixed soon!

So we had only been out in Milwaukee for 2 weeks, and since we arrived our fire alarms would go off just about every other day, bc they were testing all of the stores underneath us since everything was new. Well one day I was in my apartment nursing ivy, and the fire alarm went off. Typical right? Well Normally it would go off after a minuter or less, but this time it would not go off. After about 5 minutes I became a little concerned, so I called the some of the girls that were in our office, but none of them answered. So then I decide to look out our window. I open the blinds and the first thing I see is a group of people standing below (we were 5 stories up) and what were they doing!? Oh dont worry, just pointing directly up at our apartment with their mouths open wide! So of course I FREAK out, at this point I totally started to smell smoke. So I grab Ivy and head for the door, but before I opened it, smoke started to seep into our apartment. At this point I am pretty sure that I started to cry, I was afraid that if I opened the door that I would be greeted with flames. I wasnt sure if I should stay in our room and wait for the fireman, or if we should just try to make it down the flights of stairs and hope all goes well. Well I just decided to open the door... it was so smokey but we could still see. Right then a fireman showed up and lead us down the stairs to saftey. FEW! When we got down there was all of the other girls and their baby's...we were all so shooken up but so glad that everyone made it out alive. So we ened up finding out that a guy was welding at the bottom of the trash chute (which was right next to our apartment), and someone threw a big peice of cardboard down and it of course caught on fire. Awesome.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

summers are always so adventurous! I am kinda starting to get sad that we aren't doing it again this summer! I am obsessed with trader joes too! I have one across the street and I do almost all of my grocery shopping there...its amazing!

Brittany said...

Love that story. Sounds like you'll be in a great place this summer. I wish we knew where we were going...

Kippy said...

I love when you ramble on. Makes you wonder just whats in store for this summer?! Oh and Nate says he's been to that mall- and its a really nice area :)

missy said...

WHAT??? thats nuts-scary! I can't believe I never heard that story!

Chris and Christy said...

Ames. I don't like practicing social skills. We all know mine suck. Fix your phone. I fancy the texting.

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing! I will call and practice my social skills soon!
You make me really want to move somewhere new. I have lived in dumb old Nebraska for like 6 years now. Can you believe it?!
bleckkkk

Hit Counter