Thursday, October 23, 2008

help!

OK! Calling all mommies with a toddler! I need some serious advice. My sweet little Ivy is causing some major baggage around my eyes. Why you ask?? Well.... I cannot get missy to sleep in her own room at night. Letting her cry it out for a couple days is not the issue. I just cannot find anything to put on her door, that she cannot figure out. I have tried two different kinds of those white round things that go over the door handle, but she can still open it! She is too smart. The only other thing that I can think of is turning around the lock, however...her door doesn't even have a lock, so we would need to get a new handle. Anyway, johnny and I have about had it with the sleepless nights. and to make matters worse, we only have a queen bed! So we would appreciate any suggestions:)

Thanks!

8 comments:

Tristen said...

Try installing a lock way up high on the door-- they are cheap and the kids can't reach!! We have the same problems with our climber Avery!

Kippy said...

i love that you are giving your blog a little more attention. and i like "stalking" you on twitter :) i say get a latch too for the outside of the door that you can lock, sounds like a good idea. i want her to come crawl in my bed!

Jen&Joe said...

Well Ivy is so cute.. Iam so sorry you guys dont get enough sleep. Whenever Tatum is sick joe has her sleep with us..I hate it cause i can never sleep when she is in our bed..Hopefully You"ll get some great advice! Iam sorry i am not much help! When you guys coming down again?Are u looking for a house here or in Utah

Casey said...

Hey Amy! It is soo good to hear from old friends! I'm glad to see you are doing well...awesome photography and what a sweet little girl!

Jamie said...

Hey Amy! I know what you mean about sleepless nights, Athena has yet to sleep through the night and she is 7 and a half months old. I am SO tired! I am nursing her, and I know you nursed Ivy, does this have anything to do with it? All the moms I know bottle feed, so I'd love to get your advice.

The Thueson's said...

Yes good luck with that! When did you put her in a big girl bed? I have all of Emery's stuff ready to be put into her room, but am kinda dreading the in and out of the bed without me kinda thing!! Good Luck with that!! :)

P.S. I am super excited for Thursday!!

Kurt and Carli said...

I would suggest letting her sleep over at auntie carli's house for a week. . . and maybe you could come to and we could just have a big sleepover;) Miss you amy! We need to stop playing phone tag and catch up soon!

Nate and Jamie said...

You don't know me, but have you ever tried getting a gate that you would use for stairs and put it in the door way, that way you don't have to lock your child in her room? but depending on how big she is she wouldn't be able to get out but you could still hear her. Good luck!

Hit Counter