Tuesday, September 16, 2008

getting settled....again

I cannot even tell you how nice it has been to have my husband back! We have been able to spend A LOT of time together in these past couple weeks. His classes are pretty easy at this point, so I have seen a lot of him. Best part about it, he only has school 3 times a week. We have definitely been making up for lost time. At first it was feeling like a dream that the summer is over Now, the summer itself is seeming more like the dream. I can actually hang out for hours at a time without his cell phone ringing off the hook! SO nice! Although his text messages are pretty boring these days, not any fun drama for me to secretly read (shh don't tell!) I love that he is able to come on all of our little daily adventures. We have been taking ivy to the park like every day, and going out to try all of the new "fro-yo"' that have popped up while we were gone! (there are seriously 5 new "pink berry" taste-a-likes in provo but NONE of them compare to Berrychill in Chicago:( We have also been spending a lot of time at the gym. 1. because we are both trying to get our groove's back, and 2. Ivy is obsessed with playing at the gym day care. Tomorrow we are taking Ivy to the petting zoo and then off to gateway to let Ivy play in the water fountains (anyone know of a water fountain closer to provo?

Anyway, It is great to be home-well not home but back to Utah...which brings me to my next point. I am really starting to miss AZ. Last year when we moved to Provo, I was nothing but excited. It ended up being a great year. We met a lot of new friends, we loved our ward, and had a lot of fun. This year we moved into a new place... AGAIN- love our condo, but hate the area. Also it seems that all of my friends who were in provo last year have peaced out. I am pretty sure that I am the only one that will be here after Johnny graduates. I dont mind it here, but the fact that I dont have my family (except for Ash...whom I love hanging out with:) and my friends have all moved home, is really starting to set in. And to make matters worse, I now have to pay for Ivy to fly. It now costs around $500 bucks for us to fly home. As glad as I am that the summer to be over, I miss having the girls at the tip of my fingertips and instant friends for Ivy. OK! I think I am sounding a bit like Debbie Downer "whaaaa whaaaa." But anyway, We have just decided that we will probably buy a house in Utah-- a little scary bc I never thought that we would be here longer than school... but because with this crazy job we are moving every 8 and 4 months. This year we have moved 5 times! I am thinking that moving somewhere a little more permanent would be good for us...what do ya think!? We haven't got the first clue of where we want to live though!

On another note... I bought a new lens for my camera! I am SO excited! Johnny lets me pick out one rather large purchase at the end of the summer for "enduring" so that is what I chose. Well I am hoping that I will end up getting it... I am pretty sure that I got scammed on eBay today. I won the auction, and then received all of these wacked out emails supposedly from the seller, but still not sure...too bad I already payed him for it!

Well enough rambling ---I guess I am finding it pretty therapeutic tonight:)

8 comments:

The Thueson's said...

Oh no! I hope that you didn't get scammed! Seriously, that really sucks. At least if you payed through paypal, you can more than likely get your money back. Just don't let it wait longer than 30 days or you won't be able to do anything! Did you get "THE ONE?" I hope you did! Your pictures are going to look fantastic! They already do, but even fantasticer!! (Thats not a word.. oops!) Well.. lets make Utah fun. Braun is constantly gone still so I am available pretty much all the time. I am not even kidding. I am not busy at all anymore which feels FABULOUS! Anyway, call me or text me. Em and I would love to get out!

Also, if Jonny isn't coming home after their meetings in SLC on Saturday, we could ride down together! Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

crazy, i can't believe you are going to live in Utah perm!? that is sad, we should have gotten together more when we both live in az...those days are long gone!

Anonymous said...

Coming out of blog stalker ville -

I'm Natalie. I grew up with Johnny.

Before you head all the way to SLC, you should check out this fun little fountain for the kiddies in Orem. Promise it's fun. If not, at least it's on your way. There's also one in Herriman (under splash pad) that's pretty cool, though I'm not sure if it's much closer than Gateway.

Have fun!

And do you mind me asking which lens you just bought? Or what camera you use?

Kippy said...

i love these "in the mind of amy" posts. i feel like i just got off the phone with you. that is exciting you guys are thinking of buying a house! now, if you even try to out do me !!! ;)

Rachel Hagen said...

yeah! you're back in utah! sounds like Chicago was fun though. Come live by us! We LOVE our place, the area, our ward. Everything about it. I could go on, and on about where we live. There are a lot of young couples in our ward who do summer sales too.

Brittany said...

Amy, we are still here!! And I bet we might even be here longer than you guys will!! When does Johnny graduate? We bought a house and I totally recommend it! It's an older home really close to BYU, but was still in really good condition. Our neighbor is selling if your interested!! :) Anyway, we should totally hang out!

Ainges said...

Hi Amy! I love checking out your blog and seeing the beautiful pictures you take of Ivy. I should hire you to take some of Oscar. We don't live in Provo, but we live in Sandy! We actually bought a place here so we could be here for another couple of years or so! So we should get together and have playtime! Thanksgiving Point has a ton of fun stuff for the kiddies. Anyway, we should set something up and get together. Oh and I love your hair cut and color. Who did it?

Unknown said...

hey! Dallas is good! The guys are doing awesome and the weather isn't too bad. I'm the ONLY oa though so I'm working like 60 plus hours! ugh! I'm happy to hear you guys are buying something! Renting and packing up your house sucks. We are moving into aarons mansion! lol. Just till we find something to buy. basically we want to see if we can get a good deal on a forclosure or maybe even just buy a shack and fix it up- like a duplex and live in the main house and rent out the basement. I don't know yet. Its impossible to get do anything from Dallas. OK... well hope all is well. where are these townhomes at?? Are they north of university kind of off the 15?

Hit Counter