Sunday, May 25, 2008

good times!

I know... we really couldn't have taken a worse pic of us in the city !

It has been SO fun/crazy out here so far! I feel like I can finally take a deep breath and relax, actually I would be lying if I said that, I actually am having really bad asthma these past 2 days so never mind. Mel and Clark arrived here a couple weeks ago, and it has been non-stop fun with them around. Mel and I went into the city a week ago . We made sure that we timed it around Ivy's nap time bc she can get quite crazy sometimes. After about a half hour of strolling around Ivy was finally out. YES! We had so much fun shopping down there. A couple funny things happened while we were on our little adventure. While we were strolling around nordstrom, mel and I needed to up a floor. Well, I really didn't want to take the time to find the elevator, so I did what I do quite often, and lifted that back wheels of her stoller up on the escelator. So we get up there fine and then later start heading for the escelator to go down. I was in front of mel, and I simply lift my back wheels again and head down. Well 2 seconds later I hear mel laughing yelling to me that she doesnt know how to go down with her stroller. I didnt really get it bc, she was able to go up just fine... anyway to make a long story short, a lady that was behind mel started yelling " you dont make your friend come down with you, she has no idea what she is doing, and she is putting her baby in danger , and so are YOU! She blabbered on some more basically calling me an irresponsible mother. So of course you know me, no self control... I start laughing right in front of her face! I was laughing so hard I just about wet my pants...what a suprise, I know! Maybe you had to be there, but seriously it was SO funny! Then the next adventure comes on the way home. Mel and I were enjoying ourselves on the way home when the babies started to get a little out of control. Ivy has the highest pitched scream EVER and Clark has the lowest huskiest cry, that is also REALLY loud! Together= the most piercing sound ever! So...we are 3 miles away from home, when all of the sudden Ivy starts shrowing uo EVERY WHERE! Mel and I look at eachother and all we could do is laugh! Dont worry..ivy didnt see:) It just kept coming, and coming! It went all over her car seat, mel's sweater, and on the floor! Ivy has ner been sick like this, and it really was the first time I had ever seen her throw up. She was sick for 3 days:( At least she got to eat popsicles:) Anyway, that was adventure #1 for the summer, and I am sure we will have many more to follow!

9 comments:

Tam Tam said...

You're so funny. I'll admit I guess I'm one of those irresponsible mothers too. Well now since I don't really go anywhere with escalators, maybe I'm responsible by default now. Sounds like you had a fun trip to the city though. It's probably best to laugh about those things that happen sometimes!

Ashley said...

so fun... jealous you got to go to that 5 story nordstrom without me!! let's do a skype session soon!

Kippy said...

for a second i thought i had some competition for the longest tongue with that pic of ivy. that nordstrom story cracked me up because i can picture it oh too clearly! i wish i could have been there laughing so hard at you laughing. i'm sure she was so disgusted at you guys. i want to hear ivy say "i like it amy!"

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my gosh Amy, I can't believe your little girl hasn't ever been that sick before. Your lucky! And I can totally picture you just laughing at that lady. That's one of the things I love about you, you never get mad, you just laugh when people are being stupid:)

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging! I missed reading all your posts. Looks like you are having fun. :)

Melanie said...

This popsicle makes Ivy's tongue look crazy long! She sure is cute though!

Dori said...

Amy you are so funny! I wish I could laugh hard at things the way you do. When crazy people start yelling at me, I yell back, or just say something really rude, or sometimes act like I don't understand. Like the old lady who yelled at me in the grocery store parking lot, and me yelling back,"what? I"m sorry, I can't hear rude, I only hear polite." WHAT!?! I think next time i will laugh, it sounds like so much more fun:)

Robbie said...

Looks like you're having fun out there! I just had to say HI really quick.... Amy, I was thinking of you today, because I was rocking out to Hall & Oats Greatest Hits. LOL = )

brit.brat said...

hey...so randomly found your blog through natalies...you might have known my sis courtney blood..or atleast i think john was friends with her....hey anyways..you have mad photog skills! doing a class anytime soon?? you are amazing..ok. and your girl is adorable.
sorry if this sounds a little weird.. but we need to be friends.

Hit Counter