Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley (1910-2008)






Well I am sure that everyone has already heard the sad news about President Hinckley's passing. When I heard the news a couple of hours ago, my heart literally skipped a beat. He has been the prophet of our church since I was ten years old. I will never forget the time when I chased him down a hall to shake his hand. He was such a cute little man... it will be hard to never see him wave his cane or make his cute jokes again. Though it is very sad, I cannot imagine the reunion that he is having with his sweet wife and our savior at this moment. He will be dearly missed by all of the people of our church and everyone that knew him.

6 comments:

Kippy said...

Sweet post Amy. I loved him too as he as been the prophet for so much of our lives. What a grand reunion it must be.

Kippy said...

oooh, i just noticed the additional little dots on the header around your names. cute one.

Chelsea said...

Hi Amy! Your blog is adorable. I always see you taking pictures of Ivy outside, but I didn't know you were so talented! Very cute.
PS- Im adding you to my blogger "friends" list!

aaron and allee said...

Glad you got to meet him in person...I bet that was incredible! Where did you see him?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aaron and allee said...

No, we've never met before. I think I found your blog linked on a friend's blog, though at the moment I cannot remember which friend that was! Your site is so fun that I come back every few days to see if you have posted anything new.

Hit Counter